Monday, January 14, 2013

Review | Burberry Complete Eye Palette


Okay, so this amazing palette from Burberry was kinda my Christmas pressie for myself – yes, you've read that right. So, I chose the Complete Eye Palette in Dark Spice No. 05. This has some pretty neutral tones, so you can basically use this for an everyday simple look or to create an evening smokey eye. The formula glides and blends in beautifully, without much effort at all. It's very silky, and perfects the texture of your eyelids – I guess this is due to the satin smooth silicones in the formula.


The quartet has a tiny bit of shimmer and contains has a beige – which is the perfect nude tone for me –, a warm medium brown, a darker brown and a black (to line the eyes). My favourite is the warm medium brown – it is just a beautiful shade that enhances your eye colour (works for all eye colours, by the way) and blends in beautifully, in the lash line or in the crease, to achieve a subtle definition. You can also line the top lashline with the black, using an angle brush, and then smudge some of this brown on the lower lashline, for a softer look. They aren't the most pigmented eyeshadows in the market, but, sometimes you likes make-up that's not too pigmented. Like when you're in a hurry, because you have to leave the house in 90 seconds (if you're anything like me, you're always running late), and you'll want something that's quick and easy to work with. Foolproof, really!


The sleek metallic casing and the eyeshadows are embossed with the usual Burberry check print. In the velvet pouch, you'll also find three mini eye brushes. To be honest, I never use the brushes that come in these palettes, but I'll give them a go (when I'm on the go), since I was pleasantly surprised by the one that came with the blusher. I know that I won't use the sponge applicator, but the angled brush seems good and the fluffy brush is really soft. Approved!


No comments:

Post a Comment